Wednesday, February 11, 2009

it's blowing swaths outside

I wrote this title because it sounds alluring and interesting, which it must be because you are still reading. I have you now. But really, it is very, very windy outside. The weather is transitioning from being pleasantly cool to exhumingly (a word? I make my own, little child) cold. I learned in physical geography class that this happens because the warm air is being very rapidly sucked in under the approaching cold front, and it creates something of a mini hurricane. Well, that last part isn't true, but it sure feels like it.

This semester I am taking poetry writing, so maybe I will be spouting and sprouting poetry in a few months. I am so sorry, if this turns out to be the case. Speaking of classes, today I had one canceled, and this coincided perfectly with my spontaneous decision to go outside and run around barefoot in the drenching rain. Also, we played frisbee, and at one point I was offered a nickel to belly flop into one of the huge puddles in the field. He still hasn't paid me.

I really have to go to bed now. Really truly so. I am got the short straw on sleep. And I am having a wicked sweet breakfast date with one certain Ben "Ben" Taylor, so I have to be at my very best if I am going to make a good impression. So, beauty sleep, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment