Sunday, May 24, 2009

Some Poetry

I was reading through some older posts and I noticed that I mentioned the fact that I took Poetry Writing this semester. THEN I thought, well what do you know, I did write some poetry this semester, and maybe someone out there would appreciate some of it. So, without further ado, two of my fledglingest (what??) poems from a callow poet.

______________________

“__________”

my bones rebel against this song.
surely it would have been better
to be born still. did You deem it worth
your while to whimsy us into existence
and let the record play?
i try to dance around the
dis-concert that is everywhere,
limbs strewn askew, splayed naked as they came.
it seems this massacre is
Your twisted pleasure.
the appeal must be in the struggle, the floundering—
who doesn’t enjoy a good match?
we were equally happy in eternity or
oblivion until we came to know what those were,
the smell of a lover, or the color of blood.
i was robbed the choice of choosing.
so.
i set my face to path before me and
avert my eyes from the bodies
lying along the way.

______________________

(try reading this next one out loud)

"Wor[l]ds"

A word gnaws in my mind, I find;
Soon it shapes itself to be into being
A thing, an entity, a form, a fluid,
A trickling dabble little brook.

This word, it has color that pops
Little explosions, bright lights in the night
Fluorescently effervescent like
Gaudy flaunt dazzle jazz.

Now my word begins to bud; with flavor, a cuisine,
Its tangy skin ruptures and bursts, splashing juice,
Tasting of rose buds or forest’s raw berries, or
Cappuccino chocolate cookie crumbs.

Fully alive, proportionate with weight and breadth,
Amassing magnitude and colossal clout and
Bellowing under the burden of being,
My worlds swirl luminous and immense.

______________________

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. try reading it outloud while listening to Andrea Boccelli! Now THAT'S tricky, and what i call "poetpera."

    ReplyDelete